Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I WANT: Rompers

I feel like rompers are one of those things that people think are either tacky or cute... kind of like those Juicy tracksuits I see everywhere. You either hate 'em or love 'em, I guess.

Personally, I think rompers (or jumpers, playsuits, whatever you want to call them) can be cute for Spring! I seriously should invest in one that looks as chic as these:



These were all found at shopbop.com.
(brands from left to right: Only Hearts, Marc Jacobs, Laila Azhar, Zimmermann, Vena Cava, Alice + Olivia)

What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

20 comments:

Gaby, held on by wires. said...

I'm kind of curious to try one of these myself because they seem uber comfy, but I feel like you have to have the right kind of body in order to pull them off successfully... i.e. being tall and skinny... with long legs.

But you never know unless you try, I guess. And then again, I'm always a champion of 'wear whatever makes you happy', so...

There's a DIY romper feature in the latest issue of Nylon that you should check out. It involves using a slip to make them. And I wear slips as dresses in the summer to begin with, hahaha ;)

Lorituela said...

OMG, the first one and the denim one are gorgeous!

Love from Spain

Lorituela

Mom Fashion World said...

i want them all!
the white jumpsuit is sexy!

nikky said...

ROMPERS=perfect for summer.

can't wait to find one of my own...

What is Reality Anyway? said...

go for it!!they are the best! x

victoria renee said...

ooh i ADORE rompers. i can never find some cute ones that flatter me very well, and i only own two. but they are so perfect for summer.
i love you song, btw.

Shes Dressing Up said...

I love seeing other people in rompers, but I'm not so sure how I'd look in one. I may give it a go one day!

STEFANIE said...

definitely yay!

Jillian Hobbs said...

some yay some nay for me at least! i have a weird face and body so i can't pull everything off... and i'm not so good w/ really girly stuff either!

but i def like them!

Lesley said...

i love jumpers! except it makes it a bit difficult to go to the bathroom! lol

thestilettoeffect said...

I'm the one you loves them :) they are so cute and stylish...
xoxo
Su

Anika said...

Yay to the rompers. And done right, they can look amaaaazing. But hell no to the juicy tracksuits. Blech. Whyyyyy!!

Haha, have a lovely day my dear. Hoope you do get a romper. Also, I'm going to give up on waiting for a sale and just buy the damn sequin bomber. Lol

Anonymous said...

must get one of these for the beach next weekend! Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

YAY lol, I am in the process of making some jumpsuits/ rompers with African Fabric. SPRING SUMMER, I await you.
Lol and you are right about them juicy tracksuits! NAY NAY NAY

kimvee said...

I love rompers, they're so cute & flirty. I have 2 vintage rompers and one of them is mint green gingham with a matching skirt. hehehe I can't wait to wear it :)

Alice X said...

yahhhH!!! i love jumpers.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

alissa said...

i want one! i posted about these the other day - a lot of people commented about going to the bathroom. never considered that, could be a little odd i suppose.
either way theyre cute!

Victoria said...

aww thank you :) :)
uh love the blue ones !

Anonymous said...

Not gunna lie, these are actually pretty cute.


I also think this is the first serious comment I've ever left you.

Trendy Gourmandise said...

yay of course !