Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Artistic Inspiration

I peeped these drawings by Nikki Farquharson on someone's blog (I think it was knight cat) and immediately fell in lurve. I like how she incorporates parts of pictures into her art.
Amazing, no?
Well on Monday I was feeling pretty inspired and noticed that my walls were still quite bare. So the next thing you know I'm cutting out ads from an old Harper's Bazaar issue and creating my own art to hang up:
That's only one I have done so far. Not as cool as Nikki's but I still like it. I can't decide if I'm done with it yet. I may add a pattern to her hair.

Yeah... so who's excited for NYFW?!?

25 comments:

Grumpy old man said...

Hi Syd, thanks for leaving your tracks in my blog, thanks also for your kind words.
I love this kind of art, it is very original. And yours looks fabulous.
Have a super day!

Danielle said...

That is really cool!

kimvee said...

These photos are amazing!

Gaby, held on by wires. said...

whoa those pictures are kinda psychadelic and trippy... I like yours. I have to make collages for one of my classes so they're def inspiring. One day I will go to NYFW. I WILL.

The Sydney Girl said...

love it! x

Annie Spandex said...

Wow! I love what you did!

Allegra said...

awesome! love it!

Rand said...

WOOOOOOOOW AMAZING!
x

Cesc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cesc said...

Such devine pictures!

xoxo
Cesc

Cesc said...

Such devine pictures!

xoxo
Cesc

CutThePrice said...

woow i love those artwork...x

E said...

I think yours are quite remarkable. I might actually like them more, actually.

Nubiasnonsense said...

I love these there so awesome

Niviarsiaq said...

this is so completely inspiring I may just have to try one for myslef! your is super cool <3

Eva said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

♥ Cara Mia ♥ said...

wow trippy! thanks for sharing :)

kelse said...

love these
yours looks so freaking good, nice one x

Anonymous said...

cool! i like your version as well...

Rand said...

still loving this!
x

Anika said...

Ahhh, I too adored the work I saw on KightCat. And I'm enamoured by your take on it....what a gorgeous, chic piece of art for your room.

Fabulousness, my dear :D

Hope you're having a great weekend
xx
Anika

said...

Wow what pictures ! they are so clever (:

UnoCosa said...

really lovely try :D!! you should definitely keep on doing it - it's such a wonderful to share your own creativity!!!

Anita Puksic said...

Wow, amazing! I love all those patterns. And I think that will be really better If you add pattern in her hair, even though it looks great now too.

Peace and love!

WendyB said...

Beautiful.