It's that time of year when the sun sets faster, night comes quicker, and the air is chillier. You know you just want to settle in with a good old fashioned creepy movie. Here is my list of six movies to get you ready for Halloween.
The All Ages Animation: The Nightmare Before Christmas
So pretty much everyone has seen this, but isn't it great? This film is altogether morbid and heartwarming with fantastic visuals and animation. There aren't too many films I enjoy rewatching, but this is definitely one of them.
The Freaky Teen Feature: The Craft
It's like teen witch with a dark twist. It's also just worth watching to see the 90's attire. Plus, Fairuza Balk portrays a disturbed goth girl so well.
The Ghost Story: The Orphanage (El Orfanato)
I just saw this the other day and highly recommend it. If you are looking for a SCARY, SUSPENSEFUL movie without all that stupid goriness, this is it. The film is in Spanish, but you all know how to read subtitles right? Even better if you are fluent in Spanish!
The Zany Musical: The Rocky Horror Picture Show
This is one of only two musicals I actually enjoy. Unique characters, funny one-liners, colorful sets - overall fantastic. Also, you just gotta love Tim Curry as a tranny/mad scientist.
The Retro Flick: Carrie
Part cheesy, part horrifying. Carrie is definitely dated, but the freakishness factor stands the test of time. Plus, I think Sissy Spacek is downright adorable... when she's not covered in pig's blood and murdering people.
The Charming Tragedy: Edward Scissorhands
A bittersweet story with fantastic scenery. Probably the only time where you'll call a guy that's fully-equipped with sharp metal objects and dressed in bondage attire, "adorable."
So pretty much everyone has seen this, but isn't it great? This film is altogether morbid and heartwarming with fantastic visuals and animation. There aren't too many films I enjoy rewatching, but this is definitely one of them.The Freaky Teen Feature: The Craft
It's like teen witch with a dark twist. It's also just worth watching to see the 90's attire. Plus, Fairuza Balk portrays a disturbed goth girl so well.The Ghost Story: The Orphanage (El Orfanato)
I just saw this the other day and highly recommend it. If you are looking for a SCARY, SUSPENSEFUL movie without all that stupid goriness, this is it. The film is in Spanish, but you all know how to read subtitles right? Even better if you are fluent in Spanish!The Zany Musical: The Rocky Horror Picture Show
This is one of only two musicals I actually enjoy. Unique characters, funny one-liners, colorful sets - overall fantastic. Also, you just gotta love Tim Curry as a tranny/mad scientist.The Retro Flick: Carrie
Part cheesy, part horrifying. Carrie is definitely dated, but the freakishness factor stands the test of time. Plus, I think Sissy Spacek is downright adorable... when she's not covered in pig's blood and murdering people.The Charming Tragedy: Edward Scissorhands
A bittersweet story with fantastic scenery. Probably the only time where you'll call a guy that's fully-equipped with sharp metal objects and dressed in bondage attire, "adorable."
5 comments:
great recommendations! i definitely look forward to hiding under some blankets and watching a halloween movie this weekend!
i dont watch scary movies...im like a small child LOL
Awesome recommendations!
xx
happy halloween! great recommendations!
stayfabulous,
zarna
www.zarnasrunway.com
Oh my god... the Craft! I'm so tempted to go hire this one out now
http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment