Friday, December 19, 2008

I WANT: Winter Outerwear Essentials

After a stressful day of traveling yesterday, I'm finally with the fam in Texas! I swear every flight in the country is delayed, ugh. Anyways, I want to wish everyone safe travels... don't forget to breath!

For this month's "I WANT" feature, I decided to make a list of all the winter outwear items I've been eyeing:

Oversized Faux Fur Coat
Okay so maybe this isn't an "essential" but love is all I have for this look. This coat reminds me of Old Hollywood glamor and looks like something Joan Crawford would wear but with a more bohemian edge.
(photo: Nasty Gal)

Oversized Chunky-Knit Sweaters
Anything oversized is love right now. Seriously, it is just so easy to pair with leggings and still look cute and put together. Maya from Fashion Bananas mentioned the above cozy-looking sweater from Victoria's Secret on her blog and I instantly bookmarked the page.
(photo: Victoria's Secret)

Faux Leather Bomber Jacket
Oh the classic bomber jacket... such a cool look. This particular faux leather one comes in black and this beautiful rust color.
(photo: Forever 21)

Leather Riding Jacket
This motorcycle jacket by Organic might top the cool factor of the bomber jacket, I haven't decided yet. Pair it with skinny jeans and these harness boots and you're ready to hop on a Harley.
(photo:
shopbop.com)

13 comments:

Charmaine Li said...

i want like the exact things as you.. leather jackets + fur please!!!!!! happy holidays :)

Anonymous said...

ohhhh i so need a new leather jacket,and ive been searching the ins and outs of online stores and they have no awesome mens faux fur jackets,i hope you get those harness boots,i want some more them too!

Delmy said...

Love the leather jacket....And thanks for the award!! XOXO

simplysteph said...

oh man, what i'd do for a bomber jacket, or leather jacket. instead i'm stuck with an insanely puffy winter jacket. the only thing that will keep me warm with the insane snow

Song of Style said...

i heart that faux fur coat!!!

Unknown said...

you should check out

www.nstylevintage.etsy.com

and if you are in houston you should come check me out in person my mother ownes the largest store in the state of texas (6400 sf) and nothing but vitage. and i must say i have everything that is on your wish list

Color Explosion
830 W. 22nd
Houston TX 77008

713-868-4406

Unknown said...

you should check out

www.nstylevintage.etsy.com

and if you are in houston you should come check me out in person my mother ownes the largest store in the state of texas (6400 sf) and nothing but vitage. and i must say i have everything that is on your wish list

Color Explosion
830 W. 22nd
Houston TX 77008

713-868-4406

Terence Sambo said...

i'm with uon the oversize fur coats :o)

Anonymous said...

yeh but they wont luk gud with short heighted gurl like me!!!

Aisha said...

Nice picks!
Thanks a lot for the award, I'll post about it on my next post, you're such a nice person, I love your blog too!

Susana Rodrigues said...

The faux fur coat and the leather jacket are awesome!
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Kisses
Su

Miss Urbanita said...

Love first one! Kisses ;)

http://www.missurbanita.com

crystal said...

Thanks all!

NStyle: If Color Explosion is as fab as your etsy store then I would LOVE to go, but unfortunately I'm in the Dallas area for the next 2 weeks. xo