Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fringe Benefits

On Friday night I went to a show that had salsa dancers and besides being amazed by their dance moves, I fell in love with a black fringe dress one of them was wearing.

It was similar to this tiered fringe dress by Thayer ($352.00 on shopbop.com).

Anyways, I know fringe is in for Spring and that makes me happy because these dresses are fun and have such great swishy movement...

The color and diagonal fringe on this dress is so lovely too!

On the runway, designers have added fringe to make for romantic and elegant garments that are reminiscent of the flapper era.

Alberta Ferretti

Roberto Cavalli

I'm inspired by the possibilities. There are so many things I could add fringe to! Hmm...

12 comments:

Nicole said...

i needddd a fringe dress or skirt in my wardrobe now@

Jimena said...

fringe was made to be used while salsa dancing. seriously.

Aisha said...

I think I'm gonna add fringes to an old top or something :)

nikky said...

love the blog...

what is the song on your profile? it's reallly catchy!

Anonymous said...

i was in love with the fringes at alberta ferretti show,you would look so chic in that roberto dress im tellin yah! if i had won the lottery i would buy it for you just to see you in it,

Mackenzie Yeates said...

I got a great fringe dress at H&M for like $30!!

ashleigh said...

anything fringe is love :)

crystal said...

Jimena: Wow, I didn't know that!

nikky: Thank you! The song is called "Geto Boys" by Glass Candy.

D: How sweet, I hope you win the lotto, haha! ;)

Mackenzie: Oooh, I just saw it on H&M's website, very cute!

nv said...

love love love that roberto cavalli dress *drool

Delmy said...

I looooooooooove the Roberto Cavalli Dress.

Anonymous said...

ooOOo i really like that last dress :)

Mel Carrey said...

your blog name rules
and so does this post. I love the fringe xo