Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Style Icon: Grace Jones


The name Grace Jones is synonymous with androgyny.

"I deliberately challenged men’s roles. In fact, I survived by taking on both roles." - Grace Jones from her interview in the Spring 09 issue of V Magazine.

Strange? Maybe. Iconic? Definitely.

Oh Gracie, how I adore thee!

I figured it was about time to do a post on Grace Jones because I keep seeing images of her randomly throughout the blogosphere and also because I keep bumping the remix of "Williams Blood" (such a good song).

20 comments:

Bonnie Klyde said...

I. <3. Grace. Jones.
She is so amazing kudos for posting about her! She is pretty much a feminist hero if not an anti-sexism hero for her work. She has a place among Dietrich and Kahlo.
-BK

Unknown said...

grace jones doesn't seem to age - she will be just as fierce at 90!
xox

Robin Bailey said...

She's absolutely amazing.
A great pick for this.

Robin
http://threadbearthoughts.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

she really is a fantastic style icon.
soo unique!

great blog.

grace said...

you really picked the best of the best photos.. this woman is a rock star for sure!

also, your post titles are like, perfect: short, simple, and you know what youre about to read

La Chauve-Souris said...

she is so undrogenous... she looks like a man in some photo...
thats cool... she has a very strong face actually

bonne nuit

la chauve-souris

karl's sweet child said...

her skin is so fab!
thanks for posting this ;)

tdw said...

The next designers of fashion Olivia and Mariam, two teenagers who love Fashion, Designers and Photography, come on and see us :) it's juste the beginning but If you help us to be famous, you don't regret;)

Come On !
Xo

Frances Davison said...

she's too amazing.

Entrelanas said...

ei thakns for you post :)

www.janetteria.com said...

J'adore!

XoXo

yiqin; said...

I have that issue! It is so great. The cover is so fierce already.

E said...

Grace Jones is truly a supernatural being, I swear.

Julia mode said...

nice photos : )

Emz said...

Is she a model?? I feel so ignorant haha

justbecausefashion said...

she seems not to be from this world! amazing shoots!
xxx,
G&L

Niviarsiaq said...

I love Grace Jones! Definately a style icon, that's for sure! She rocks the androgynous look better than anyone and it's awesome! I wish it was easier to find good pictures of her though. I was going to do a post on her a while back but had such a hard time finding enough pictures I liked! :(
Cool post girl!

Annie Spandex said...

Total icon!

Syed said...

One word - FIERCE! She is absolutely stunning, I love the V cover :)

we wear things said...

FIERCE is right..